[Nouveau] Will nouveau support for cuda?

Pierre Moreau pierre.morrow at free.fr
Sun Jul 5 16:18:08 PDT 2015

Hello,

Nouveau will support Cuda and OpenCL, someday. :)
As to say when, I don't know. I am starting to work on translating between different intermediate representation (from SPIR-V to NV50 IR), and will later work on finishing compute support for Tesla cards (I only have Tesla cards, apart from one Fermi). Compute support for Fermi and Kepler (your card) should be almost done. It looks like there are no compilers out yet doing Cuda -> SPIR-V, but Cuda -> LLVM IR -> SPIR-V should be possible, with the LLVM IR -> SPIR-V still being discussed/worked on on the LLVM mailing list. When everything will be sorted out, you should then be able to use Cuda with Nouveau.

Pierre

----- Mail original -----