[Nouveau] [RFC] NVIDIA hardware reference headers

Ben Skeggs skeggsb at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 14:14:06 PDT 2015

On 7 July 2015 at 23:40, Ken Adams <KAdams at nvidia.com> wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> I've updated my nouveau branch to incorporate some suggested tweaks, etc.
> Also, this version breaks out all the chips separately.  Seeing it
> expressed this way shows how many files it is... :)  I've removed the drf
> macros from this version as well, as we can treat those separately.
Hey Ken,

Despite the fact it's a lot more LoC, I like this version a lot
better.  It's far easier to see what you're looking at exactly now :)

The only nit-pick I have left (I think...) is that the
hwref/chipset/nv_device_hwref.h is a bit redundant, and could be
hwref/chipset/device.h :)

What are the chances that the exposed registers can be expanded to (at
least) cover the stuff that nouveau currently touches?  For example,
NV_PTIMER_TIME_0/1 (etc) doesn't seem particularly IP-sensitive and
are missing ;)  nv04-g7x would be nice too at some point!

Thanks,
Ben.