[Nouveau] grey screen of death

john francis lee jfmxl at posteo.de
Mon May 25 00:51:43 PDT 2015

HI,

I have an old motherboard ...

Base Board Information
    Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    Product Name: M61PME-S2P
    Version: x.x
    Serial Number:

Processor Information
    Socket Designation: Socket M2
    Type: Central Processor
    Family: Athlon
    Manufacturer: AMD
    ID: B2 0F 06 00 FF FB 8B 17
    Signature: Family 15, Model 107, Stepping 2

00:0d.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation C61 [GeForce
6150SE nForce 430] (rev a2)

... and since I've upgraded from debian 7 wheezy to debian 8 jessie
(reinstalled, actually) I've been experiencing a grey screen of death,
at unpredictable intervals ... usually associated (I think) with using
iceweasel or icedove. The screen goes grey and the whole machine is
locked up tight. I have to powerdown and power back up. Just like a
microsoft box.

I don't like this at all. Has anyone else had this problem? Any and all
help greatly appreciated.

Never any problem with wheezy or unbuntu 8 - 11 before now.