[Nouveau] Nouveau for FreeBSD

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Tue Nov 3 23:13:24 PST 2015

Nouveau kernel module has a largely os-agnostic "core" component (called
nvkm/nvif now) which encompasses the actual operation of the GPU. The drm
wrapper around it provides the relevant interfaces for KMS/ioctls/etc. Any
port would want the ioctl bits as well, since that's what the userspace
mesa/ddx components rely on.

That said, I'm not aware of any serious effort to port nouveau to any other
OS.

  -ilia