[Nouveau] Nouveau for FreeBSD

C Bergström cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Wed Nov 4 00:38:03 PST 2015

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 3:33 PM, Martin Peres <martin.peres at free.fr> wrote:
> On 04/11/15 09:08, cbergstrom at pathscale.com wrote:
>
> Is anyone actually and or actively working on this?
> Github.com/pathscale/pscnv is totally bitrot but waaay more portable base.
> Nouveau made hard Linux assumptions that will be difficult to overcome
> afaik.
>

> As pointed out by Ilia, this is not true anymore. Nouveau can also partially
> run in the userspace, the hard dependencies on Linux have been abstracted.
>
> Also, pscnv does not support the newest GPUs and receives no further
> development because everything it provided is now provided by Nouveau.

I did mention pscnv was bitrot, but I'm not yet convinced that some of
the key things which are implemented in nouveau were done to a
comparable level of quality (would need to evaluate and don't have
time/interest)
-------
To bring this conversation back on track - where would someone start
*exactly* to port this to another OS? What kernel dependencies are
there?