[Nouveau] Nouveau for FreeBSD

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Thu Nov 5 01:42:55 PST 2015

Martin Peres wrote:
> On 04/11/15 11:58, Pierre Moreau wrote:
>> Wasn't there some work being done by François Tigeot or Jean-Sébastien
>> Pédron
>> to port Nouveau to DragonFlyBSD/FreeBSD? Or at least they were talking
>> about porting it
>> at XDC 2014, no idea what the current status is.
>
>  From what they said, they never really cared about nvidia because
> nvidia provides a binary driver that works, unlike intel and amd.

Hey, I never said that !

There has never been a Nvidia binary driver for DragonFly.

Nvidia support had also been getting worse and worse since xf86-video-nv
was abandoned so naturally not many people in the DragonFly community
bought Nvidia hardware and interest in Nouveau is relatively low.

I played with it a bit but my hands are currently full updating and
fixing the bugs in drm/i915 and the DragonFly Linux compatibility layer.

--
Francois Tigeot