[Nouveau] llvm TGSI backend (WIP) questions

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Fri Nov 13 05:46:52 PST 2015

Hi All,

So as discussed I've started working on a TGSI backend for
llvm to use as a way to get compute going on nouveau (and other gpu-s).

I'm still learning all the ins and outs of llvm so I do not have
much to show yet.

I've rebased Francisco's (curro's) latest version on top of llvm
trunk, and added a commit on top to actual get it build with the
latest trunk. So currently I'm at the point where I've just
taken Francisco's code, and made it compile, no more and no less.

I have a git repo with this work available here:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~jwrdegoede/llvm/

So the next step would be to test this and see if it actually
does anything, questions:

1) Does anyone have a simple test case / command where I can
invoke just llvm and get TGSI asm output to check ?

2) Assuming I get the above to (somewhat) work, is there a
way to make llvm show the output of the various intermediate
passes in a human readable form ?

Regards,

Hans