[Nouveau] NV50 compute support questions

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Fri Nov 20 02:36:58 PST 2015

Hi Samual, et al,

In http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/commit/src/gallium/drivers/nouveau?id=ff72440b40211326eda118232fabd53965410afd
you write: "This compute support has been tested by
Pierre Moreau and myself with some compute kernels."

Can you provide testing instructions (and the
necessary files) so that I can try to reproduce
your tests ?

And once I've reproduced your tests, the next
question is where / how did you get the compute
kernels for testing. I guess you manually wrote them ?

As you know I'm working on a llvm tgsi backend,
it actually produces some output now, if you want
to take a peek it lives here:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~jwrdegoede/llvm

Before working further on this I want to take
a bottom up approach, so I want to first make
sure we've working TGSI -> compute-kernel and
compute-kernel -> hardware steps. So the next
question is, do you know if we can go from
(manually written) TGSI to a compute-kernel
using say nouveau-compiler ?

And if not, do you know what is missing to do
this?

Thanks & Regards,

Hans