[Nouveau] Hardware donation : GeForce 320M

Yvan Masson yvan.masson at openmailbox.org
Tue Nov 24 13:34:45 PST 2015

Hi,

I have an (recently) unused mid-2010 MacBook that I could give to
anyone interested to play with : the included GeForce 320M (NVAF
(MCP89)) seems to be rare (only on a few Apple hardware).

I always wonder how you guys/women managed to make this weird GPU
mostly working: many thanks for your work, you really deserve it !

Currently (last usage was with Ubuntu 15.10), the support with Nouveau
can still be improved (but is already far better than with Xubuntu
14.04):
 - many visual artefacts (always on splash screen, always on session
opening
 - many strange (and I mean VERY strange) bugs that I could only link
to the GPU
 - some video-projectors were not recognized (the GPU complains about
available resolutions missing)

The proprietary driver I tested on 14.04 was absolutely non functional
(black screen on boot).

The laptop is currently located in Chambéry, France. Two or three
important keys do not work (I had to re-map the key), and it would be
too expensive to fix it.

Best regards,
Yvan