[Nouveau] NV50 compute support questions

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Wed Nov 25 08:54:33 PST 2015

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 11:50 AM, Samuel Pitoiset
<samuel.pitoiset at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So I tried to run src/gallium/tests/trivial/compute.c,
>> with a recent mesa master, but that does not work either.
>>
>> I get the following when I try to run this:
>>
>> compute: nvc0/nvc0_resource.c:41: nvc0_surface_create: Assertion
>> `pres->target != PIPE_BUFFER' failed.
>

> Unfortunately, that's expected. :-)

I threw that assertion in without thinking too hard. Probably OK to
remove for the compute case. As you've discovered, all the surface
stuff (which generally speaking is images) is only implemented for
GK10x. I suspect a lot of it will have to change anyways as support
for all this stuff is added for GL, so whatever's there now, I
wouldn't rely too much on.

  -ilia