[Nouveau] Documentation request for MP warp error 0x10

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Fri Oct 2 15:05:21 PDT 2015

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the quick response! That goes in line with my observations
which is that these things happen when using an ATOM/RED instruction.
I've checked and rechecked that I'm generating ops with identical bits
as what the proprietary driver does, however (and nvdisasm prints
identical output). Could you advise what the proper way of indicating
that the memory is "global" to the op? I'm sure I'm just missing
something simple. If you show me what to look for in SM35 I can
probably find it on my own for SM20/SM30/SM50.

In case you're interested in looking at the mesa code, It's available
on my atomic2 branch at:
https://github.com/imirkin/mesa/commits/atomic2 . However I hardly
expect you to debug my buggy code :) The SUREDP stuff is about surface
RED ops, the existing code uses it but I'm going to leave it for image
support and break direct buffer accesses directly into OP_ATOM (and in
NVIDIA terminology RED is just ATOM without a destination).

Thanks,

  -ilia