[Nouveau] xrandr configuration questions

don fisher hdf3 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 27 22:27:49 UTC 2016

When I execute xrandr I receive, omitting the details of resolution
options,
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 8192 x 8192
LVDS-1 unknown connection (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
HDMI-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
HDMI-2 connected 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y
axis) 698mm x 392mm

I am running on a Alienware 18 laptop that as far as I know has an
internal 1920 x 1080 screen and only has one HDMI output port. I would
like to run a pair of external monitors, dual head. Any ideas on if it
possible to access the HDMI-1 port, or what the DP-1 port is would be
appreciated. Is there any way they have encoded two monitors in a single
cable?

As usual, Dell/Alienware support is of no value unless one is running
windows:-(

Thanks
Don