[Nouveau] Nouveau support for GeForce GT 730 or GTX 750 Ti?

Csányi Pál csanyipal at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 10:04:55 PST 2016

Hi,

I'm currently use GeForce 7600 GT with nouveau driver.
This is a very old graphic card without OpenGL support.

I want to use nouveau driver in the future too.

So I'm in doubt in that that whether to buy
GeForce GT730
or
GTX 750 Ti card?

I don't want to run super 3D game applications but only:
games-adventure/pioneer <http://pioneerspacesim.net/> sometimes
and
SweetHome3D more often
or
GoogleSketchUp ( by using PlayOnLinux ); although this last ( GSkUP )
has never been usable at all ( garbage on screen).

So, does nouveau support these cards?

Should I choose GTX 750 Ti or GT 730 or neither of them?

Is that true that GTX 750 Ti is Maxwell and may work with
xf86-video-nouveau v1.0.11, but the next v1.0.12 removed the GM10x
support?

So should I buy instead the GT 730 card?

--
Best, Pali