[Nouveau] Activate DVI-I behind KVM on FX 5200

Thomas Richter richter at tik.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Jan 5 05:47:05 PST 2016

Am 05.01.2016 um 11:41 schrieb poma:

> append to kernel cmdline:
> drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware=DVI-I-1:edid/edid.bin
>
> $ cat /proc/cmdline
> ... drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware=DVI-I-1:edid/edid.bin ...

Well, no banana. Yes, the kernel loads the edid, but the screen keeps
blank if I switch the monitor to the system after bootstrap. )-:

[   20.319271] [drm] Got external EDID base block and 0 extensions from
"edid/edid.bin" for connector "DVI-I-1"
[   20.347274] [drm] Got external EDID base block and 0 extensions from
"edid/edid.bin" for connector "DVI-I-1"

I also replaced that with the "dummy" edid/1280x1024.bin parameter, same
thing.

If I boot with the monitor connected, everything is fine. If I boot with
it disconnected, no chance.

I also tried to force the DVI connector on:

video=DVI-I-1:e

The result is that the kernel still loads the edid, but the screen
remains now blank all the time, even if I boot with the monitor connected.

Yes, it is really connected to DVI-I-1, at least according to xrandr
without the "video" parameter, and with the monitor connected.

Greetings,
	Thomas