[Nouveau] Activate DVI-I behind KVM on FX 5200

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 20:37:17 PST 2016

On 05.01.2016 20:31, Thomas Richter wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> Try your luck here
>> http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/dri-devel
>
> The major problem is that there is no way to tell the nouveau kernel
> module to enforce a specific output. There is a video=XXX kernel
> parameter, but this only applies to the VGA framebuffer but not to the
> nouveau framebuffer.

Tested,
in contrast to enablement, video=DVI-I-1:d becomes effective at the exact moment:
fb: switching to nouveaufb from VESA VGA

However this is a direct connection, without KVM switch.

>> BTW what is actual KVM switch device, vendor/product?
>
> This is an ATEN CS22D. It is "supposed to remember the EDID data", but
> frankly, it does not.

http://eservice.aten.com/eServiceCx/Common/FAQ/view.do?id=4746
"No, The CS22D/CS22U do not support Video Dynasync feature, it bypass's EDID."