[Nouveau] linux v4.4.0 nouveau fails

Wakko Warner wakko at animx.eu.org
Fri Jan 15 15:49:39 PST 2016

Ilia Mirkin wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Wakko Warner <wakko at animx.eu.org> wrote:
> > Ilia Mirkin wrote:
> >> I suspect the fb0 issue is because you disabled
> >> CONFIG_DRM_FBDEV_EMULATION? Does the freeze also happen with 4.3? Any
> >> chance you could bisect?
> >
> > I saw this config option, but I didn't realize that.
> > The issue also occurs with 4.3.  I even tried 4.3-rc1 with the same results.
> >
> > Would the DRM_FBDEV_EMULATION effect 3D?
>
> Shouldn't, but... who knows. The rewrite in 4.3 was done in a

I'll try it with this enabled.

> bisectable way, so it should be possible to figure out where we went
> wrong. Not a ton of testing is done on pre-G80 gpu's nowadays, so
> these issues sometimes sneak in.

I've never done a bisect so I'll need a little help.

I have 1 other nvidia card that I might beable to test.  I'm not sure, but
it's probably a pre-g80 as well.  It was given to me by someone who got it
with a mac.

Everytime the 3d locks, I have to either reboot the system or shut it
completely down for the graphics to work again.

--
 Microsoft has beaten Volkswagen's world record.  Volkswagen only created 22
 million bugs.