[Nouveau] Boot Failure: GTX 970 & Fedora 24 Kernel 4.6.4-301.fc24.x86_64

Zachary Wolfe zwolfe21 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 28 17:32:23 UTC 2016

I have read several bugs with similar issues on BugZilla concerning
4.6.4 and GTX 970's.

I managed a work around by booting to previous kernel release but
nouveau wont work with this card. I run two GPUs, so I moved my 760 to
primary to at least get a boot, obviously the other screen with this
card wont work (just sleeps).

I would report this to BugZilla however with the boot failure on 4.6.4 I
am unsure how to get the proper logs. Can anyone help me out?

By the way, the card in concern on bugzilla seemed to concern a 4GB
card, which I have.

EVGA NVidia GTX 970 4096GB DDR5