[Nouveau] GTX 980TI Support

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Mon Mar 28 00:30:30 UTC 2016

GTX 980 Ti should be a GM200. Starting with linux kernel 4.6-rc1, you
should have some acceleration support (if you get the proprietary
firmware, currently being distributed in linux-firmware), but without
reclocking, performance will be a small fraction of what you'd get
with maximum clocks (which the proprietary driver is obviously able to
configure). With mesa, you should be able to get GL 3.3 support on
there (as well as a large fraction of GL 4.5 support, but not
complete). Reclocking will require fresh firmware from NVIDIA, since
all GM20x GPUs require signed firmware - and this is unlikely to
happen too soon.

  -ilia