[Nouveau] Small bug in nv50 with vdpau

Attila Tóth tothsoft at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 06:02:19 UTC 2017

Hi,

i have many troubles with last gpu on laptop: quadro fx 880m during
video decoding. It is performance problems and are many artefacts in
very fast part of movies. This troubles was not in my older gpu quadro
fx770m.

Solution:

Set at least for all video playing at performance level 1.

explanation:

quadro fx880m have performance level also 0, which is used during video
acceleration, but have performace gpu only 135.00 MHz (very low for
fullhd mpeg4 in fast part of moovies or in youtube videos).

Older quadro fx770m had perfroamnce level 0, at 169.00 mhz (it was maybe
threshold).

Newer quadro k1100m have perfromance level 0 at  405.00 MHz.

Thx. I checked also performance level in propretiary driver during play
of movies.

In quadro fx800m is used perfroamce level 2 (gpu clock 550mhz, but i
thing it will be ok only perfroamce level 1 with 405 mhz).

Description of performance levels in gpus

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/32409/hp-quadrofx770m-512-080625

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/98546/hp-quadrofx880m-1024-100308

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/157921/157921

--
S pozdravom / mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards

Ing. Attila Tóth, PhD.

Email adress : tothsoft at gmail.com (Personal)

Tel - SK:      +421 910 299 189  (SWAN 4KA - Slovak Republic)
IP Phone:      +420 910 119 759  (Odorik.cz)

Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail