[Nouveau] Nouveau and VESA Adptive Sync (FreeSync)?

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Sat Dec 16 04:29:36 UTC 2017

NVIDIA has been releasing some very partial documentation about their
display hw. You can see the latest iteration of those efforts at
http://download.nvidia.com/open-gpu-doc/Display-Class-Methods/2/ . I
don't know which, if any, NVIDIA chips support FreeSync (as opposed to
G-SYNC). Perhaps the Volta ones get it?

Either way, it'll require someone with the relevant hardware to do a
lot of experimation, and also figure out what the proper way to
surface up these capabilities to userspace is. It's not a small task.

  -ilia