[Nouveau] GP106M+Intel Skylake, Kernel 4.10-rc3 : No display on HDMI or DP

Sylvain Fabre sylvain at lahiette.com
Fri Jan 13 15:41:16 UTC 2017

Le vendredi 13 janvier 2017, 10:35:49 CET Ilia Mirkin a écrit :

> OK. So it sees the monitor, and detects its modes. Can you confirm
> that these are *not* listed in xrandr? In your original xrandr paste,
> the DP-1/HDMI-1 connectors were listed as disconnected. Perhaps you
> ran that xrandr command when the second monitor was not connected?
>
> Thanks,
>
>   -ilia

Sorry for the misunderstanding on my side : when a monitor is connected, xrandr shaow also the modes availables (example below). Note that from time to time, after connecting a monitor to DP-1 or HDMI-1, the "xrand" command is completely freezing my computer and i am obliged to perform a bruteforce ON/OFF with the power button.

Example of xrandr with a a monitor connected to HDMI- 1:

sigmar at TALABHEIM:/media/encfs/PIXKIT> xrandr