[Nouveau] NV130 - gtx 1050 ti

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Thu May 4 23:33:29 UTC 2017

On May 4, 2017 6:44 PM, "Karl Schmidt" <karl at xtronics.com> wrote:

On 05/04/2017 04:00 AM, Pierre Moreau wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Acceleration for Pascal cards is coming in Linux 4.12, support for Pascal
> cards
> in xorg-video-nouveau is in 1.0.15, and if I remember correctly, on the
> Mesa-side, you will need >=17.0.

Thanks - I suspected it was too new.

I'm finding the monitor capabilities miss identified even if I use an older
card - I'm guessing that nouveau talks to the monitor to get the an ID?
And then passes that to some part of xorg or something that looks up the id
number?

There have been several hardware detection bits over the years - I did a
dependency tree on xorg and still don't know where to find it.

Who should I contact to get them the correct monitor info?

The monitors store this info themselves in an i2c-accessible blob. Nouveau
will just read that out and pass it on, like all other drivers do. The EDID
contains info about modeline, etc.