[Nouveau] Rendering issues with KDE (GeForce 7150M/nForce 630M)

adlo adloconwy at gmail.com
Tue May 30 23:15:47 UTC 2017

In addition to bug 70972 (Modesetting failure at 1280x800), there may be
another bug affecting the NVIDIA GeForce 7150M/nForce 630M. I think that
this is a separate issue from the above.

When using KDE or Ubuntu Unity with nouveau on this GPU, there were
artifacts and missing UI elements. I think that this is probably more
likely to be a rendering issue rather than a display issue.

I am not sure if this issue still exists as this was two years ago and I no
longer use this machine, so I am unable to provide any further information.

If you have an NVIDIA GeForce 7150M/nForce 630M, would you be able to test
KDE on nouveau, and if you experience a problem, please could you open an
issue?

I think it may be important to compare what happens depending on whether
KWin's compositing is enabled or disabled.

Regards

adlo