[Nouveau] Nouveau: kernel hang on Optimus+Intel+NVidia GeForce 1060m

Nicolas Mercier mercier.nicolas at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 19:52:31 UTC 2017

Hi Tobias,

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 8:49 PM, Tobias Klausmann <
tobias.johannes.klausmann at mni.thm.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i remember seeing the same error with earlier firmware version with a
> similar system (GP106) once in a while on boot, yet it does not happen
> with newer versions. Maybe you could try to update the firmware to the
> latest version from kernel-firmware.

Thanks for the suggestion Tobias. I updated the firmware (pulled it down
straight from Git) but unfortunately i got the exact same result.

> As a small addition: I remember deeply: you should ignore the
> _OSI(Linux) query, as it may break the system in some ways, if you don't
> have a specific bug fixed with adding _OSI(Linux), removing it from the
> cmdline is a thing to test!

Actually I tried both with and without, it just happens that I forgot to
remove it after many tests.
I read also that it is better to not add _OSI(Linux) so I completely agree,
I will take it out again.