[Nouveau] Hard lock with 4.14.0-2

Daniel Boyd danieljboyd at icloud.com
Tue Jan 2 19:43:06 UTC 2018

I am running Debian testing and updated my system this morning which
included a new kernel: 4.14.0.2-amd64

After this update, my system froze twice -- both times the exact same
behavior.

In both situations, the system froze while I was resizing a window.
The mouse cursor froze, clock stopped, num lock stopped working.  I
didn't check if the system responded to pings from a remote machine,
but I can check that if it would be helpful.  I reverted back to my
previous kernel and everything appears to be fine.

My system:
Lenovo ThinkPad W530
NVidia Quadro K1000M
GNOME Shell 3.26.2 / wayland