[Nouveau] Problems getting nouveau to work with either Geforce GT710 or Geforce 9800GT on ARM Cortex-A9

Luís Mendes luis.p.mendes at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 15:13:50 UTC 2018

Hi Rob, Ilia,

Thanks for your information.

I'll try to have a look into the nouveau code... maybe I can find why
the dma fence doesn't complete. In the amdgpu and radeon drivers I am
being able to get further with the ARM platform, may be I can compare
how they're handling the dma transfers, despite I am getting gpu
lockups after a while of playing videos on ARM with AMD cards too, but
at least it is going a lot further.

Can you point me the files or functions in the nouveau code, where the
initialization tests dma transfers are started? I can try to find
them, but this could save me some time.

Thanks,
Luís