[Nouveau] nouveau to gp104m

Rhys Kidd rhyskidd at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 03:28:48 UTC 2018

On 25 January 2018 at 10:57, 千千 大永 <aiolia_tdy3 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,everyone
>
>           I use the centos 7 of 4.14.12-rt10 kernel with the GP104M
> [GeForce GTX 1070 Mobile] display card.BUT,I did not find the support of it
> in the nouveau drivers. I clone the branch 4.14 of nouveau.git. After
> compile it with my kernel ,I found the GP104m had been not support. Could I
> get the newest updates? Thanks in advance

GP104 should be supported via your kernel (at least display and basic
acceleration).

You will also need to ensure you have the sufficiently current
linux-firmware files for the GP1xx series. See:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/log/nvidia/gp104

There may also be particular bugs that you are experiencing early in the
boot process that prevent the system from booting to desktop normally. Once
you've ensured the prior steps are done, provide a link to your dmesg
output (kernel debug log) if you need assistance working out what is going
wrong.