[Nouveau] System hang on Alienware 13 with NVIDIA GP106M

don fisher hdf3 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 17 20:46:12 UTC 2018

I do not know how to debug this situation. Nothing appears in
/var/log/messages. I miss the serial port:-(

I executed a journalctl -r, and saw an error:
kernel: nouveau 00001:01:00.0; Refused to change power state, currently
in D3

The last message before reboot was:
kernel: watchdog: Bug: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 22s! [ntpd:3265]

I have a pair of these Alienware 13 laptops, and would be willing to
lend you one for evaluation if that is appropriate.

Please get back and we can discuss details.
Don