[Nouveau] Questions on GPU syncpoint handling from inside the GPU

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Wed Apr 10 04:56:05 UTC 2019

Hi Fernando,

Perhaps you can elaborate? The question doesn't really make sense to me.

What register are you talking about? Do you perhaps mean a method call
in the b197 class? (And what's 0xB2? Methods are always at multiples
of 4... do you mean 0x2c8 perhaps? If so, that's not documented post
Fermi in the 3d class.) And lastly, what do you mean by syncpoints
exactly? There are various class methods that will allow you to wait
for a value in memory to be equal (or greater) than a value in the
command stream, for example (e.g. QUERY_GET -- method 0x1b0c, or the
fifo-level 0x10..0x1c SEMAPHORE_* methods) -- is that what you're
talking about?

  -ilia