[Nouveau] 4k tv and UEFI Ultra Fast Boot

James bjlockie at lockie.ca
Sat Aug 10 21:57:18 UTC 2019

I have monitor connected by DVI and a 4K tv connected by HDMI.
I have a Gigabyte GeForce 1050 OC 2G video card.

The firmware takes 15 seconds to load (systemd-analyze) so I tried the
Ultra Fast Boot (UEFI) option in the BIOS.
With Ultra Fast Boot the firmware loads in less than 5 seconds.
All seems to work with just the DVI monitor plugged in.

When I try to boot with the 4K tv attached, the monitor (DVI) screen is
interlaced (it's not supposed to be).
1920x1200     59.95*+
I can changed to a lower resolution and is not interlaced.