[Nouveau] Instable graphics with GeForce GT 730M, especially on external monitor

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jun 18 20:30:34 UTC 2019

What's the connector name when you plug in via, say, DVI? Is it "DP-1"
or is it "DVI-D-1" or whatever? You should be able to see the name in
'xrandr'. Unfortunately I don't know how the T440p is wired, there are
a few ways it could go. In some cases, even the "VGA" port is secretly
a DP -> VGA active adapter inside the laptop.

Basically I'm trying to rule DisplayPort as a source of potential issues.

  -ilia