[Nouveau] dev_pagemap related cleanups v2

Christoph Hellwig hch at lst.de
Thu Jun 20 06:32:36 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 03:19:23PM -0300, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > Just make sure that when you backmerge v5.2-rc5 you have a clear
> > reason in the merge commit message about why you needed to do it.
> > While needless rebasing is top of the pet peeve list, second place, as
> > I found out, is mystery merges without explanations.
>
> Yes, I always describe the merge commits. Linus also particular about
> having *good reasons* for merges.
>
> This is why I can't fix the hmm.git to have rc5 until I have patches
> to apply..
>
> Probbaly I will just put CH's series on rc5 and merge it with the
> cover letter as the merge message. This avoid both rebasing and gives
> purposeful merges.

Fine with me.  My series right now is on top of the rdma/hmm branch.
There is a trivial conflict that is solved by doing so, as my series
removes documentation that is fixed up there a bit.  There is another
trivial conflict with your pending series as they remove code next to
each other in hmm.git.