[Nouveau] GP107

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 3 19:51:26 UTC 2020

outlook user composed on 2020-02-03 17:56 (UTC):

> I use GP107 on GTX1050 Max-Q Laptop and Nouveau doesn't work at all, only black screen. But nVidia and nomodeset works well

Which "Nouveau" doesn't work at all? There is a nouveau kernel driver, and a
nouveau DDX (for Xorg and Wayland). The latter depends on the former, which is
blocked by nomodeset. For Xorg and Wayland, there is also the newer technology,
non-reverse-engineered modesetting DDX that can be used instead of the nouveau
DDX. It also depends on the nouveau kernel driver when the GPU is NVidia.

Black screen is sometimes caused by Plymouth, which can usually be at least
blocked (plymouth.enable=0, noplymouth or plymouth=0 on kernel cmdline), if not
entirely purged from the installation.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/