[Nouveau] Nouveau wiki migration

Sam Ravnborg sam at ravnborg.org
Thu Oct 1 17:52:57 UTC 2020

Hi Karol.

On Thu, Oct 01, 2020 at 01:36:52PM +0200, Karol Herbst wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 11:27 PM Karol Herbst <kherbst at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > I think it's time to finally move our wiki from the old infrastructure
> > over to gitlab pages.
> >
> > This comes with several benefits:
> > * full control through git over the ikiwiki pipeline (setup files,
> > plugins, system packages, ...)
> > * random users are able to create MRs against the wiki as long as they
> > are willing to create a gitlab account.
> > * possible to migrate over to a different wiki generator or mix and
> > match or whatever.
> > * no CGI stuff on the wiki as we don't use ikiwiki for the git
> > operations anymore
> >
> > To view the migrate wiki visit this URL:
> > https://nouveau.pages.freedesktop.org/wiki/

I poked around a little - almost all of it looked good.

The FAQ points back to some pages on https://nouveau.freedesktop.org -
like https://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/XvMC/
I guess this is a bug.

But in general looks good.

> I did some further changes, like ensuring backwards compatibility to
> existing links and already started to clean up some bits, like
> removing the google translate stuff.
>
> Now I'd like to get the subdomain changed of the current wiki over to
> the gitlab stuff and wanted to ask for acks/nacks on this

No ack/nack here - as I really do not know what to ack/nack.
But maybe the above counts like an ack???

But looks good and I hope that others find it simple to help
with the pages from the gitlab repo.

	Sam