[Nouveau] Request for help in adding a HDMI output

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 23:12:31 UTC 2021

On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 12:52 PM Ilia Mirkin <imirkin at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
snip
> Well, I knew it was for secondary GPU. Based on your comments, that
> was the 570. I shouldn't have assumed that to be accurate, that's my
> bad. I know it's the secondary because the output is named HDMI-1-2.
> That means it's on a secondary device. If it were primary, it would
> have been like HDMI-1 or HDMI-2.

Understand now - - - - but don't get why HDMI-1-2 is connected and
I can't get HDMI-1 to connect.

> Perhaps not all the HDMI ports on the device are HDMI 2.0-capable? Or
> perhaps not all of them are on the GPU? What I'm seeing is the monitor
> reporting a max TMDS of 300mhz, which is not enough for 4k at 60. However
> 4k at 30 should work just fine out of the box.

https://rog.asus.com/ca-en/graphics-cards/graphics-cards/rog-strix/rog-strix-gtx1050ti-4g-gaming-model/spec/

for the graphics card - - - -HDMI2.0b (native) is what's listed.

(Forgot this info on the previous missive.)