[Nouveau] SLI support for nv44

Karol Herbst kherbst at redhat.com
Tue Mar 30 08:24:42 UTC 2021

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 8:28 AM <georges1897 at outlook.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am currently the happy owner of a nforce 4 - SLI with two 7100gs graphics cards setup.
> Since I've read on your features matrix that such a setup is rather uncommon among developers, I would like to help you implementing SLI for old GeForce cards as much as I can. The lack of support for newer kernels from Nvidia has indeed made my system obsolete (I do encounter graphical glitches with many DEs).
> I can run tests with my hardware, try new drivers, and know the basics of C programming if necessary.
>
> If you think that I could be helpful in any way, don't hesitate to contact me back.

well, SLI is really low priority, so unless somebody is willing to
reverse engineer the nvidia driver and implement the code in nouveau,
I highly doubt there will be any progress on SLI in the near or far
future. So if you want to help out, you'd do the full thing as there
is nobody working on SLI. Some bits might already be reverse
engineered though.