[Nouveau] Nvidia GK106GLM (Quadro K2100M) with Nouveau

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Mon Mar 14 18:45:12 UTC 2022

Hi Martin,

Depends what your expectations are. Nouveau is missing a number of
features of the blob, the most important of which is probably
stability. Whether you run into instability or not depends a lot on
the software that you use, so you'll just have to find out for
yourself if it works well for you or not. Personally, I have
multi-month uptimes with it. But others struggle to stay up for an
hour.

With GK106, you should have manual reclocking, which should enable you
to achieve ~50-80% of blob performance, if that's a concern for you.
You won't get Vulkan nor H.264 hardware encoding.

Cheers,

  -ilia