[Nouveau] nouveau lockdep deadlock report with 5.18-rc6

Computer Enthusiastic computer.enthusiastic at gmail.com
Fri May 20 11:46:44 UTC 2022

Hello,

Il giorno mer 18 mag 2022 alle ore 19:42 Lyude Paul <lyude at redhat.com>
ha scritto:

> Yeah I noticed this as well, I will try to bisect this the next change that I
> get
>
> On Tue, 2022-05-17 at 13:10 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > I just noticed the below lockdep possible deadlock report with a 5.18-rc6
> > kernel on a Dell Latitude E6430 laptop with the following nvidia GPU:
> > [..]
I hope not to be off topic in regard to kernel version, otherwise I
apologize in advance.

I would like to report that I'm constantly observing a similar, but
somehow different, lockdep warning (see [1]) in kernels 5.16 and 5.17
(compiled with lockdep debugging features) every time I activate the
Suspend To Ram (regardless if STR succeeds or not).

Thanks.

[1] https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-nouveau/-/issues/547#note_1361411