[Nouveau] nouveau bug in linux/6.1.38-2

Olaf Skibbe news at kravcenko.com
Fri Aug 4 13:11:46 UTC 2023

On Fri, 4 Aug 2023 at 14:51, Karol Herbst wrote:

> How are you building the kernel? Because normally from git reverting
> one of those shouldn't take long, because it doesn't recompile the
> entire kernel. But yeah, you can potentially just revert one of one
> for now and it should be fine.

I am using the `test-patches` script described here:
https://kernel-team.pages.debian.net/kernel-handbook/ch-common-tasks.html#id-1.6.6.4
This worked for my limited knowledge (first kernel I ever compiled).

(On the occasion a maybe silly question: am I right assuming that the
kernel has to be build on the machine we want to reproduce the bug on?
Otherwise it could use much faster hardware (running also bookworm).)

Cheers,
Olaf