[Nouveau] Why drm/nouveau contains files not related to nouveau?

Paul Dufresne dufresnep at zoho.com
Wed Jun 21 03:05:39 UTC 2023

Why nouveau-next branch on gitlab contains files not related to nouveau?

I expect that vast majority of people would get the content, only after it have been integrated to the Linux kernel (downstream from nouveau project in my mind).

Also I would mainly expect a testing branch, and a stable branch.

Only stable branch would stream down to Linux kernel I think.

People wanting to test nouveau should get a kernel, remove all nouveau files from it, then merge nouveau testing branch with their kernel, I think.