[Nouveau] Stepping away.

Martin Roukala martin.peres at free.fr
Tue Sep 19 03:53:59 UTC 2023

On 9/19/23 01:25, Ben Skeggs wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As you may have gathered from the MAINTAINERS patch I just sent out, I
> have resigned from my position at Red Hat, and will be stepping back
> from nouveau development.
>
> This is a personal decision that I've been mulling over for a number
> of years now, and I feel that with GSP-RM greatly simplifying support
> of future HW, and the community being built around NVK, that things
> are in good hands and this is the right time for me to take some time
> away to explore other avenues.
>
> I still have a personal system with an RTX 4070, which I've been using
> the nouveau GSP-RM code on for the past couple of weeks, so chances
> are I'll be poking my nose in every so often :)
>
> I wish everyone the best, and look forward to seeing the progress you
> all make on nouveau in the future.
>
> Happy hacking!
>
> Ben.

Hi Ben,

Long time no talk! I just wanted to express my deepest thanks for
everything you have done, against all odds!

You are right that now is the perfect time for the relieving of the
guard, as Nouveau is entering a new era and is about to look very
different. Thanks for getting us there!

Enjoy your well-deserved change of scenery, and I wish you luck wherever
life will bring you next! Hopefully, we'll get to meet once more!

Cheers,
Martin