[Ocs] Akonadi contacts provider for OCS friends

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Wed Jun 8 03:45:45 PDT 2011

Hello,

:: Cornelius Schumacher Mittwoch 08 Juni 2011
> Congratulations for reinventing the wheel. I did an Akonadi resource when I
> started libattica. Apparently it got lost, when libattica was moved to
> kdelibs. Does anybody know, what happened to it?

The Akonadi architecture diagram is probably too high-level to infer such
ongoing developments. Is there any diagram available which shows the state of
the art of social integration within KDE?
I've also tried to figure out what QtFolks is in this regard, and why we don't
have XMPP integration yet when Kopete already supports XMPP, but so far I'm
still missing the complete picture somehow. It's all scattered between tons of
blog posts, git repos and whatnot.

See attached diagram for my current knowledge about how things are _supposed_
to work without necessarily representing the actual status of the
implementations.
I'm sure you can contribute to the diagram.

Josef