[Ocs] JSON spec

Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 05:40:24 PST 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Frank Karlitschek <karlitschek at kde.org> wrote:
> I think all the mentioned suggestions are good.
>
> But please keep in mind that designing a specification like ocs is easy. The hard part is writing and porting all the servers and clients to the new spec. A new 2.0 spec without working implementations is worthless. The more we move away from the current one the more difficult it gets.
> Some standardization organization only consider a spec final if at least two reference implementations exists. I think thats a good idea and we should do the same.
>
> So the question from my point of view is who is willing to write the server and client implementations and port the existing stuff like KDE GHNS/attica for example. :-)

i'm currently writing a yet-another-distributed social server using
OCS, OpenID, OAuth, OStatus spec. looking at how the internet goes,
people starting to expect social-like features in their intranets, so
I want to get ready when that happen.

though i'm mainly planning it to only use OCS person, friends,
activity, and probably content+comment ..

client side, no plans for me yet. I picked OCS because i'm hoping
existing OCS clients can use to server and also as the API for other
sites/javascript apps to push activities.

http://www.inigo-tech.com
http://blog.kagesenshi.org
92C2 B295 B40B B3DC 6866  5011 5BD2 584A 8A5D 7331