[Ocs] JSON spec

Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 19:40:32 PST 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 2:18 AM, Frank Karlitschek <karlitschek at kde.org> wrote:

> On 13.02.2012, at 14:40, Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Frank Karlitschek <karlitschek at kde.org> wrote:
>>> I think all the mentioned suggestions are good.
>>>
>>> But please keep in mind that designing a specification like ocs is easy. The hard part is writing and porting all the servers and clients to the new spec. A new 2.0 spec without working implementations is worthless. The more we move away from the current one the more difficult it gets.
>>> Some standardization organization only consider a spec final if at least two reference implementations exists. I think thats a good idea and we should do the same.
>>>
>>> So the question from my point of view is who is willing to write the server and client implementations and port the existing stuff like KDE GHNS/attica for example. :-)
>>
>> i'm currently writing a yet-another-distributed social server using
>> OCS, OpenID, OAuth, OStatus spec. looking at how the internet goes,
>> people starting to expect social-like features in their intranets, so
>> I want to get ready when that happen.
>>
>> though i'm mainly planning it to only use OCS person, friends,
>> activity, and probably content+comment ..
>>
>> client side, no plans for me yet. I picked OCS because i'm hoping
>> existing OCS clients can use to server and also as the API for other
>> sites/javascript apps to push activities.
>
> Sounds really cool.
> I would love to learn a more about that. Do you have concrete plans already?

no concrete plan yet ... right now its just coding as it goes when i'm
free .. its also a learning project for me as its been quite some time
since i last code something on a small framework ..

though the general idea is to have:
- set of RESTful API for trusted servers to push activity stream entries.
- set of RESTful API for subscribing to local streams and remote
ostatus streams.
- set of RESTful API for client apps.
- distributed identity using openid.
- websocket/socketio channels for javascript apps to subscribe for
notifications.
- minimal web ui for ppl who just want a simple social site with
activity stream.

> *shameless plug*
> I would be cool to have this server implemented as an ownCloud App. http://owncloud.org
> Just a suggestion of course. :-)

hehe .. its a tornado based web server right now , which have a bit of
zope dna in it ..

http://www.inigo-tech.com
http://blog.kagesenshi.org
92C2 B295 B40B B3DC 6866  5011 5BD2 584A 8A5D 7331