[ohm] OHM presentation at fosdem'08?

Rob Taylor rob.taylor at codethink.co.uk
Fri Jan 11 08:47:10 PST 2008

Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> Hei,
>
> What do you think of having a OHM presentation at FOSDEM'08?
> Have you thought about something?
>
> Of course, it should be different from last year [1].
> It could tackle the system policy in general, and discuss the need for
> flexible audio policies that could be solved in OHM [2].
>
> I am not a contributor to OHM, but I have ideas for a policy
> framework, such as OHM.
> I'd be pleased to handle this presentation. split it or leave it to anyone.
>
> Alternatively, I hope we could at least have an informal meeting.
> But I think it'd be great to influence the crossdesktop room (instead
> of the embedded room) this year.

I'd certainly like to have some sort of BOF at FOSDEM. At the moment
OHM's useful but still very limited to embedded devices, so it'd be
great to get some more desktop-like input on the problem space.

Maybe we could have a combined talk/bof where we start off with a good
overview of the problem space and a short bit on ohm's current design
(and what's wrong with it), and then get some discussion going on what's
a good way forward.

What do you think?

Rob

--