[ohm] OHM vs. PPM

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Sat May 3 05:28:44 PDT 2008

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Holger Macht <holger at homac.de> wrote:

> On Sa 03. Mai - 14:35:48, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
>  > I also wonder if OHM could offer a library that gnome-settings-daemon
>  > could use to make session policy decisions (instead of having a
>  > per-session ohm daemon)
>
>  I'm not sure about which systems you're talking here, but if it's usual
>  laptop/desktop systems, could you explain whats the advantage of having
>  OHM in a session level against having gnome-power-manager?

I am talking about "system" as in system-bus level in DBus (as
explained here http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7744 and here
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/IntroductionToDBus).

I prefer to use desktop vs mobile (vs server) to differentiate
different kind of computers and platform design. (oh crap, I hate
terminology..)

For the OHM vs GNOME Power Manager, I'd rather let Richard explain
since he wrote those two, certainly with different designs in mind.

regards,
--
Marc-André Lureau