[Openchrome-devel] K8M800 artifacts, trac #145, trac #164

Thomas Hellström thomas
Tue Mar 18 12:13:20 PDT 2008

Xavier Bachelot wrote:
> 0Xavier Bachelot wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>

>>> In case this proves to be the correct fix, do we still have any chance
>>> to get this pulled into 2.6.25 kernel or is it already too late ?
>>>

>> FYI, Dave Airlie has requested the fixes to be pulled in 2.6.25-rc6 :
>> http://marc.info/?l=dri-devel&m=120571422904680&w=2
>>

> It missed 2.6.25rc6, but will be in rc7 :
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=f0fb6d7798e7e2d1f37a2c15892910661bdaba55
>
> Regards,
> Xavier

There'll be some more optimizing / stablizing work for AGP DMA in a week
or so, but I'll ask Dave not to push anything until it's considered
stable. I think the code in DRM now is reasonably stable but not really
optimal.

That AGP command reader is really screwed. There's a register that you
read to determine where it is currently reading. Locations that are
newly read by the command reader can supposedly be reused for new data....

However every now and again the register shows that the command reader
has read "too far", and then suddenly it goes in the reverse direction.....

Ugh.

/Thomas