[Openchrome-devel] Todo list

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Thu Nov 20 03:41:43 PST 2008

Thomas Hellstr?m wrote:
> Xavier Bachelot wrote:

>> Medium - XvMC VLD for Unichrome Pro II
>> Low    - iDCT, MoComp acceleration
>> Low    - mpeg4 acceleration

> Xavier,
> Do you know what the status is for XvMC docs for Unichrome Pro II?
>
> Since VIA already have released XvMC docs for VLD and MC under NDA Linux
> addendum for the Unichromes (The CLE266 docs), this shouldn't be a big
> issue?

Unfortunately, this is a big issue. I've been harassing Bruce with this
for some time now. VIA doesn't want to release the hardware
documentation, even under NDA, and even less any code, because they fear
to breach their agreement with MPEG-LA. MPEG-LA is not answering to VIA
questions on the matter. Last I heard, Harald was looking for a lawyer
to clear this legal minefield.

Regards,
Xavier