[Openchrome-devel] Bugs in via_wait_idle()

Thomas Hellström thomas
Tue Feb 10 02:18:20 PST 2009

Jon Nettleton wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 8:23 PM, Thomas Hellstr?m <thomas at shipmail.org> wrote:
>
>> Thomas Steffen wrote:

>>> Thanks, I will have a look.

>>> Are you talking about the one in the kernel, or one of the more recent
>>> developments? Because the one in the kernel is certainly used for
>>> Chrome9, and some people report varying degrees of success.
>>>

>> Hmm?
>> The one that in the vanilla linux kernel does more or less nothing
>> except allows Chrome9 chips to submit PCI commands, which the X server
>> can do on its own.
>>
>> Or are you talking about a distro custom kernel? In that case, it might
>> be a VIA-modified kernel module.
>> /Thomas
>>

> Hi both Thomas's
>
> I have worked up a patch to mesa git to include VIA's chrome9 kernel
> module.  I have not had much success with it, but haven't had much
> time to tinker with it either.  I have also been working on a patch to
> via_accel.c via_dma.c and via_drc.c  to properly handle the chrome9
> registers.  That is close, but also needs some work.  I will try to
> get those into a publicly consumable form in the next day or two and
> all other people to play around with it.
>
> Jon

Jon,
I think Dave Airlie is about to push VIA's kernel patches for the old
via module. I guess they will conflict?
I'd be happy to perhaps tweak and incorporate your work into the new
openchrome DRM, though.

/Thomas