[Openchrome-devel] A path towards merging our efforts

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton
Sat Jan 3 21:05:17 PST 2009

Hey guys,

I have been spending some time fixing bugs and looking at multiple
branches of openchrome work.  In response to the need for a working
hardware cursor and in preparation for a merge of the ttm_branch at
some point, I have started a short term hwcursor_branch.  This is
based off the work done in both the ttm_branch and the randr_branch,
but focusing on getting a working hwcursor in the xorg-servers > 1.5
and giving us a clean pathway to support work done in the ttm_branch
for new memory management.

The work I have posted is confirmed to work on my VX800, but needs
additional testing especially on legacy hardware.  There is also more
integration that needs to be done from Gabriel's work in the
randr_branch.

If people could test and let me know I would appreciate it.

Also there is starting to be a mismatch in the naming of functions and
such.  VIA vs Via vs via.  Can we have a brief conversation on how it
should be and we can work on making all the code uniform again.

Jon